Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Black Bean Avocado Corn Salsa Recipe

Just in time for Cinco de Mayo is this amazing {yes I said amazing- just try it and tell me you don’t want to eat it by the bowl full. I dare you!} This has become one of my favorite things to eat – as a snack… or a meal! I love it and the fact that it is really darn healthy for you only adds to its awesomeness.

My aunt makes a black bean, corn, and avocado salsa that is out of this world. I swear that she has given me her recipe about a gazillion times and I keep misplacing it! Needless to say, I have been trying to re-create her masterpiece to the best of my ability without the actual recipe. I think I have come pretty close, and even if I have not – I LOVE this salsa and can {and will} eat it by the bowl full.

Black Bean Avocado Corn Salsa Recipe


What you need:
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can sweet white corn, drained and rinsed
4 roma tomatoes, chopped
4 avocados, chopped {I splash a little lime juice over the avocados to prevent browning}
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
10-12 drops of Tabasco sauce {hot sauce will work too}
1/2 onion, chopped
Vinegar
Olive Oil
Water
2 packets of Italian dressing mix

How to make it:
In a container {I used a measuring cup to cut down on dishes} follow the directions for how to make one Italian dressing packet mix – adding the vinegar, oil, and water. Add the second seasoning packets to the mixture without adding any more vinegar, oil or water.
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl {you do not have to use ALL of the dressing - I do, but you can cut back if you want it to have less liquid}.
Cover the bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving in order to let the flavors of the dressing sink in.
Serve with chips!

Black Bean Avocado Corn Salsa

When I made this last week to serve with my Cajun Catfish Tacos I could barely eat any because of how filling the tacos were. I had more than I probably should have because of how yummy it was, but I could not truly gorge like I really wanted to. Instead I waited until the next day and I had a bowl full of this salsa as my meal. It was ridiculously delicious.

This recipe made a ton of salsa. Enough to fill a large Pyrex glass container as well as a small Pyrex glass container… Yes I shared my salsa. I delivered a bowl full of this salsa to my mother-in-law who lives nearby – as I was not sure that my family would be able to eat it all before it went bad {and I thought she might enjoy it}. I should not have worried; this salsa lasted a couple of days and kept pretty well. I ate it for meals and snack and so did my hubby.

Are you a salsa person?


This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...