Thursday, October 11, 2012

Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes & Chocolate Pieces Cupcakes, just because…#CoolWhipFrosting #CBias

Cupcakes to go!

I have been on a HUGE cooking & baking kick lately. I think the change in season is the root cause for this resurgence of domesticity. In other words, the cool temperatures and the red and gold leaves make me want to throw on an apron and create delicious works of art for all to enjoy. And I do mean everyone.
 
This weekend I baked Pumpkin Spice Latte cupcakes with Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting and Chocolate Pieces cupcakes with Cool Whip Chocolate Frosting. It seemed that once I got started I couldn’t stop myself. I baked a ton of cupcakes and ended up enjoying some with my family, and sending little care packages of cupcakes to my in-laws and my husband’s office.
I opted for an easy take on a well done cupcake was surprised by just how easy it truly was. 

I think my Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes and Chocolate Pieces Cupcakes turned out really well. They were both moist and good to the last bite. Since I made so many cupcakes I decided to share the love and I made little care packages for family and friends to enjoy as well. Want to make some for yourself? Here is how I made my cupcakes.


Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes with Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting


Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
What you need:

  • 1 box of Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup of Pumpkin
  • 2 teaspoons of instant decaf coffee {I used Starbucks}
  • Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting

Mixing the batter

Frosting the Cupcakes


Make It:

  1. Make sure that you take the Cool Whip frosting out of the freezer to thaw for 1 hour before using. {Directions are on packaging}
  2. PREHEAT oven to 350°F  
  3. Line the baking cups into the cupcake tin.
  4. Blend dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
  5. Blend in the Pumpkin and decaf coffee grounds.  Beat at medium speed for another minute until thoroughly mixed.  
  6. Pour the batter in pans {2/3 full} and bake immediately for 15-20 minutes {follow directions on box for baking times.}
  7. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  8. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
  9. Frost the cupcakes with Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting and sprinkle with topping of choice – {my kids love sprinkles, but nutmeg, caramel, and espresso powder have all been done and look tasty.}

Easy Chocolate Pieces Cupcakes with Cool Whip Chocolate Frosting


Chocolate Pieces Cupcake
What you need:

  • 1 box of Duncan Hines Decadent Triple Chocolate Cake Mix 
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 1/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup of Reece’s Pieces {chopped}
  • Cool Whip Chocolate Frosting

Mixing the batter

Frosting the cupcake


Make It:

  1. Make sure that you take the Cool Whip frosting out of the freezer to thaw for 1 hour before using. {Directions are on packaging}
  2. PREHEAT oven to 350°F  
  3. Line the baking cups into the cupcake tin.
  4. Blend contents of small pouch with 1/3 cup water. Stir until mix thickens. Set aside.
  5. Blend dry mix, 1 cup water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
  6. Blend in the chopped Reece’s Pieces and small pouch contents.  Beat at medium speed for another minute until thoroughly mixed.  
  7. Bake immediately for 15-20 minutes {follow directions on box for baking times.}
  8. Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  9. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
  10. Frost the cupcakes with Cool Whip Chocolate Frosting and sprinkle with topping of choice – {I used whole pieces of Reece’s Pieces}

Since I wanted the cupcakes to be a surprise for the boys I did my shopping for cupcake supplies while my husband and father-in-law played with the boys at home. Let me just say that there is a world of difference between shopping with children and without children! I felt like I was on vacation and I was actually able to spend a little time perusing the store {AMAZING!}.

Walmart

Cool Whip Frosting

Shopping cart haul!

 You can see the rest of my shopping experience via this Google+ photo album.

When we got home from church on Sunday and the boys went down for a nap I got busy in the kitchen. The boys have been very good lately and while cupcakes are not the norm in our home, they do make for a nice every day treat for great behavior.

You  can make these from scratch, I did not. I went with a quick and easy recipe since I was working within a limited time frame. I wanted the cupcakes to be ready by the time my boys woke up from nap and they were!

My son enjoying his cupcake treat!
 
The cupcakes were a big hit. My youngest and I favor the Pumpkin Spice Latte cupcake best. That cream cheese frosting is really really really tasty. Seriously yummy. My hubby is a big peanut butter fan and my oldest goes bananas over chocolate, so they favor the Chocolate Pieces cupcake best. 

These tasty treats were a breeze to make and the whole family enjoyed them immensely. I hope you do too!

Be sure to check out the Kraft Recipes and keep in touch with Cool Whip on Facebook.
 

Join us for the #CoolWhipFrosting Twitter Party on Wednesday, October 24 at 1pm EST if you are available!  The RSVP link goes live on October 15th! – Will share once it is live :)

I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Kraft Cool Whip. #CoolWhipFrosting #CBias #SocialFabric Regardless, all thoughts and opinions expressed here are 100% my own and may differ from that of others.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...