Friday, January 27, 2012

Fitness Friday

I am on a mission. I would like to get toned. I would like to lose weight. I would like to be healthier and more energetic {you didn’t think it was possible for me to be more energetic? It is.}. I know a large part of losing weight will have to do with eating habits as well as an exercise program. After having two children I am ready to start feeling like my old self again. I am ready to lose weight and get fit.

This week I started a new fitness regimen called TurboFire. If you have not heard of this workout let me enlighten you a little.  TurboFire is a 90 day program that is all about intense cardio conditioning.  This program is broken down for you into days and classes. There is an online resource that you can use to track your workouts and interact with others who are also completing Beach Body Fitness Programs.
TurboFireWeek 1 of TurboFire:
I took my before pictures. Let me tell you, that was scary. To get in front of a camera in a bathing suit in January after the holidays was not a flattering thing to do, but I did it. I took my before pictures. They are locked and loaded on my camera.

I am going to hold off on revealing my before pictures until the completion of this program. I figure it will be more dramatic to show the before picture next to the after picture (at least I hope so…) and to be completely honest I want to look really good before I post any pictures of me looking not so good.


Measured Progress:
I measured my stomach, hips, chest, right and left thigh, as well as my right and left arms. I measured and weighed myself so that I have a starting off point to compare my progress to. Each week I will let you know my progress. Did I lose weight and if so how much? Did I lose an inch or did I gain an inch?

Class Schedule
TurboFire uses terms like Fire class, HIIT Class, Core Class, and Stretch Class. I use the terms workout and cool down. Each Class denotes it time through its title, I am just going to tell you the length of the classes and the cool downs, but let me tell you this; the shorter the length of a workout the more intense the workout is.

How did I do this week? Did I do all of the workouts (classes) in the schedule? The answer is yes, I completed all of my workouts this week. I completely rocked it out! It was not always easy to complete the workout with my toddler vying for attention, but once I got him on board doing fire drills with me we were all good. By the end of each class my clothing was soaked in sweat and I was in desperate need for a shower and a tall glass of water, but I feel awesome!

Monday: 30 minute workout and 10 minute cool down
Tuesday: 15 minute workout (shockingly hardcore) and 10 minute cool down
Wednesday:  Rest Day!
Thursday: 30 minute class and 10 minute cool down
Friday: 55 minute workout

Saturday: To Be Completed
Sunday: To Be Completed

My Reaction to this program:
I am a big fan of this series so far. There is an intro to class option where the moves are broken down and a more detailed instruction is offered. If you are a pro you can chose to play the TurboFire music while working out, this minimizes Chalene’s voice to background so that you are listening to the music instead of the instruction.

The instructor, Chalene, is energetic and informative. She is not annoying like some instructors tend to be. She is surprisingly motivating. She breaks the moves down and tells the class the correct form to take when exercising. She is like the energizer bunny; she keeps going and going and going. Simply put, she is fun!

The workouts themselves are quick and effective. By the end of each workout so far I have been sweaty and winded. You get out of this what you put into it and I am trying to put in 100%. I push myself to dig deeper when I am really tired. And sadly yes, after the 15minute workout I was tired and sweaty and winded.

The workouts themselves are fun. I am not bored at all thus far. I feel like I am an athlete in training. The workout feels like a combination of dancing and boxing. It is definitely cardio in nature and you keep moving from the moment you hit play.

If you are wanting to start a beachbody fitness program and need an accountability coach check out my friend Eric Pelz.

http://MomMart.blogspot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...