Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Project 366 Day 31 of One Photo A Day: Arts and Crafts


My sister-in-law gave me a gift for Christmas that was thoughtful and creative. She made me four pictures for my baby’s nursery. They were covered in fabric that would look great in the nursery and she had taken pictures of the elephants from his rug to use as the artwork for each of the frames.

As much as I loved the gift, it needed to be a little more me. The pictures of the elephants did not turn out as well as she would have hoped and I got permission to revamp the gift. So I did. My son has an Eli the Elephant rug from Pottery Barn and the Eli the Elephant mobile... it is a totally elephant themed nursery and I needed some adorable artwork to tie it all together.

I found a picture of an elephant that I adored and I enlarged it and printed it out. I cut out the elephant and used it as a stencil. I found four different pieces of scrapbook paper that went well with both the décor of the nursery and the fabric on the frames and I used the stencil to cut out the elephants. I put the scrapbook paper elephants on the frames and used photo safe acid free quick-dry adhesive to adhere the cut out elephants onto the fabric.

This was a quick and easy craft that enjoyed doing. What do you think?

Project 366 Day 31 of One Photo A Day

Http://MomMart.blogspot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...