Saturday, January 28, 2012

Leftover Turkey Recipe: Pesto Turkey Pizza!

Over the years I have discovered that when I plan my meals I get the most out of my menu if I plan on using the leftovers of one meal to create a whole new meal. For example, if we cook a turkey on Tuesday I will use the leftover turkey to create turkey enchiladas or pest turkey pizza on Thursday. By doing this I am no longer wasting food and I am saving time during later meal preparations.

I am always on the lookout for great recipes that I can use leftover turkey or chicken with. Since we no longer eat a lot of red meats in our home, I look for fun new ways to eat turkey and chicken. I have been on a mission to find a good pizza recipe for a while when I happened across this one on the Pillsbury website. It is supposed to be for pesto squares, but I tweaked it a little.

Pesto Pizza

Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Makes: 8 servings

What you need:
·    1 can of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
·    ¼ cup basil pesto
·    ½ cup cubed cooked turkey (I use leftover turkey)
·    1 ¼ cups shredded Italian cheese blend (you can also use the provolone, mozzarella, & parmesan cheese blend and add a sprinkle of basil and oregano )
·    2 medium Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced

Cook It:
Pesto Turkey Pizza
  • Unroll dough and place in greased pie baking dish (I  used a nonstick dark pie pan); press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of pan to form the crust (with crescent rolls make sure to press the perforations together to seal).
  • Spread pesto evenly over crust.
  • Top with turkey, 1 cup of the cheese, the tomato slices and remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
  • Bake at 375°F 12 to 15 minutes.





I enjoyed this recipe, but I am also a pesto type of person. My hubby, who does not like pesto, said that it was okay. Feel free to tweak this recipe to suit you and your family. I think next time I make this I will add spinach and garlic… It could still use a little extra oomph.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...