Thursday, January 12, 2012

Project 366: Day 12 of One Photo A Day


The greater Chicago land area has finally received its first snowfall of this winter! My boys could not be more excited.

This morning William and Steven stood at the front door holding hands and staring out the window at all the snow. It just melted my heart. So I just had to grab the camera and capture the moment on film.

Whenever I think of snow I hear Snow from the film White Christmas. "Snow" sung by Crosby, Kaye, Clooney & Vera-Ellen is one of my favorite Christmas movies and I watch it every winter after the first real snowfall. I thought I would share the lyrics to Snow with you.

Snow
It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow
Snow
I want to wash my hands, my face and hair with snow

Snow
I long to clear a path and lift a spade of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a great big man entirely made of snow

Where it's snowing
All winter through
That's where I want to be
Snowball throwing
That's what I'll do
How I'm longing to ski
Through the snow-oh-oh-oh-oh

Those glistening houses that seem to be built of snow
Snow
Oh, to see a mountain covered with a quilt of snow

What is Christmas with no snow
No white Christmas with no snow
Snow

I'll soon be there with snow
I'll wash my hair with snow
And with a spade of snow
I'll build a man that's made of snow
I'd love to stay up with you but I recommend a little shuteye
Go to sleep
And dream
Of snow

Although there is no actual snow in this picture… they are staring out the window in wonder at all of the snow falling from the sky.

Project 366: Day 12 of One Photo A Day

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...