I was perusing my local Meijer looking for something quick and easy I could make for a side dish when I saw they had a yummy looking pasta salad in their deli. I grabbed about 1 ½ pounds of the pasta salad and brought it home for a side dish that night. It was divine!
This was a big hit. It was delicious and looked like it would be fairly simple to reproduce. After some tinkering with the recipe I came up with my own version of the greek pasta salad. It does not taste the same as the Meijer greek pasta salad, but my version is very yummy too.I hope you enjoy.
Preperation Time: less than 20 minutes
What you need:
- 1 ½ cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 can sliced black olives (drained)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ chopped green pepper
- ½ chopped red pepper
- ½ cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
1. Cook pasta according to the package direction (I usually cook my wheat pasta for 12 minutes) and then drain and rinse in cold water.
2. Once the noodles are cool, combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Cover and let cool in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Viola, you now have a super easy pasta salad recipe that is quick, easy, and delicious! Now you can use it as a side dish to some yummy grilling goodness. I usually pair it with my Grilled Greek Chicken Recipe. But I have also been known to eat bowls of this as a meal itself (toss in some chopped up chicken to make it a meal).
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family has, Bon Appetite!