Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Smoked Turkey Bacon Sandwich Recipe


I recently helped to host a wedding shower for my little sister and was introduced to one of the best sandwiches I have ever had the pleasure of eating. I actually made noises while eating this sandwich – it was just that good. So I picked it apart and tried to figure out what exactly was in it so I could replicate it once home… I have been doing this a lot lately!

Smoked Turkey Bacon Sandwich


 Preparation Time: less than 20 minutes

What you need:
  • Smoked Turkey from the deli (I usually use about 4-5 slices a sandwich)
  • Bacon ( I usually use 3 slices per sandwich)
  • ½ cup Mayonnaise
  • Fresh Basil
  • Fresh Parsley
  • Fresh Rosemary
  • Roasted Red Pepper
  • Artisan Bread
  • Mozzarella Cheese
 Make it:
1.      Cook bacon on a skillet and save the grease. Then set the bacon on a plate to the side.
2.      Mix the ½ cup of mayonnaise with a pinch of the parsley, rosemary, and basil. Reserve for later.
3.      Place both slices of artisan bread on the skillet on a medium heat (yes right on top of the bacon grease).
4.      The slice of bread that does NOT have mayonnaise should then be covered in mozzarella cheese (I use shredded – but slices should work even better). Then place the sliced smoked turkey deli meat on top of the mozzarella cheese. Add the roasted red peppers to and then cover with the bacon.
5.      Once the bread is toasted remove from the skillet and put the mayonnaise on the empty slice of artisan bread and place it on top of the sandwich.
6.      You are now ready to eat!

I think that it turned out really well. I ate my sandwich up in no time and my hubby who tends to be a bit more particular about his food really enjoyed his sandwich as well. I think this is one that could be made really easily on a Panini maker too (I do not own one- or I would have given it a go).  My only suggestion with this recipe is to be free with the mozzarella. The melted mozzarella is scrumptious and if you skimp on the cheese it takes away from the sandwich.

I hope you enjoy this recipe. Feel free to tweak it and please let me know if you have any totally tasty sandwich recipes you would like to share!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...