Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ready for Vacation Bible School {VBS}


My three year-old son could not be more excited about being able to attend VBS {Vacation Bible School} this year. He wants to be a big boy and every big boy that he knows attends school. So when I told him he would be going to VBS this year he got really excited.

The one thing every big boy who goes to school needs is a big boy backpack. You just cannot go to school without a backpack. In preparation for attending VBS my son has been parading around the house modeling his Thomas the Train backpack.
  
Ready for VBS

While he is quite stylish in his backpack, it is unnecessary for him to bring this backpack to VBS and I fear that it will become a distraction for himself and his peers. So the backpack will be staying at home while he is at vacation bible school. But as soon as we get home he will be able to take it out and put his VBS projects inside for safe keeping.

He is also very excited that I will be one of his teachers at vacation bible school. He is more than a little reluctant about sharing his mommy with everyone else; I am hoping he will warm up to the idea. I think this is more about sharing my attention than anything else. He is used to being the first born child and he is used to getting most my attention throughout the day. We will see…

Isn’t it funny how something as simple as a backpack can make us feel more grown up and ready to take on the world?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...