Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Baby Gear, Bloggers, and Mommy-Con oh my! #MommyConChicago

This last weekend was a very busy weekend for me. On Saturday I attended Mommy-Con Chicago for the better part of the day before racing home to take over so my husband could go to the Blackhawks game (GO HAWKS!). Then I got all dressed up and tried to navigate a snowstorm to celebrate one of my best friends’ weddings – only to have to turn around due to unsafe roads. While I considered not going to Mommy-con because of the snow storm that was supposed to hit, I took a chance and attended and the weather cooperated… at least for a bit.  I am so glad that I got to attend. There was so much to see, so many great people to talk to, and a ton of really cool baby gear to play with.

Since I did not bring any of my babies with me to #MommyCon I was able to get more hands on time with strollers, car seats, carriers… and more! I was even able to snap some pictures of some pretty awesome looking products to share with you.

Fun at #MommyConChicago 2014 #MommyCon

First up in the line-up of fun baby gear at Mommy-Con Chicago are the strollers. Joovy brought it and then some. As a Joovy mom I get to learn about fun new gear but I do not always get to play with everything that comes out. This is why I believe being at Mommy-Con and being able to walk around and play with these strollers was a fun way for me to spend a Saturday. This year Joovy has been bringing some fresh perspective to the stroller market. They have launched the TooFold stroller {pictured below in Lemontree} - great as a single, stand-on tandem, or a little shopping. They have also launched the Too Qool stroller {pictured below in Apple} - a beautiful double stroller that has a reversible front seat and offers a variety of color options that pop! They have also launched the Caboose VaryLight stroller {pictured below in Purpleness} – which can accommodate one or two children, one or two car seats, and even has an extendable storage basket! Then there was the Peg-Perego Book Pop-Up which comes with a bassinet that can fold while attached to the chassis and offers a seriously large canopy when using the seat Pop-Up. I even had the opportunity to take the Nuna Pepp on a test drive and enjoyed its one handed maneuverability.


2014 Joovy TooFold, Too Qool, Vary Light Strollers at #MommyCon #MommyConChicago

2014 Peg Perego Book Pop Up Stroller at #MommyCon #MommyConChicago

2014 Nuna Pepp Stroller at #MommyCon #MommyConChicago

Next up in pretty cool baby gear department on display at Mommy-Con are the highchairs!Joovy had two that caught my eye, the HiLo  which rotates from high to low positions as your child grows and the Nook which has one of the best compact folding features I have seen in a highchair! Then there was the Peg-Perego Siesta with a great little stop-and-go lock feature as well as multiple height adjustment that caught my eye. 

2014 Joovy HiLo and Nook Highchairs side by side at #MommyCon #MommyConChicago

2014 Peg Perego Siesta at #MommyCon #MommyConChicago

I really enjoyed the babywearing lounge at #MommyConChicago. While I own several baby carriers, there are a number of baby carriers that I have not had the opportunity to try on and play around with. One of those that stood out at Mommy-Con was the Beco Soleil due to the tri-lock buckle and the padded crossable shoulder straps that allow for you to cross the straps or wear them like a backpack. It is definitely a carrier I would like to spend more time playing with! Another carrier that spoke to me was the ErgoBaby Performance Collection Ventus Carrier, which was ultra light thanks to the mesh lining and comes in two color options of graphite and black. Another beautiful carrier that was lightweight and breathable was the lillebaby Complete Airflow in Black. This carrier comes in a silver or a black color option and has all the features I love in my Complete carrier, but with a soft breathable mesh lining that would make this a great summer carrier!

 

2014 Beco Soleil at #MommyCon #MommyConChicago #BabyWearing #BecoBaby

2014 ErgoBaby Carrier and lillebaby Carrier at #MommyCon #MommyConChicago #BabyWearing #ErgoBaby #lillebaby #PerformanceCarrier #CompleteAirflow

And then there were the car seats… Two that caught my attention were the Clek Foonf which can rear face up to 50lbs and allows the use of Lower Anchors and seat belt together when installed forward facing {NOTE: this is the ONLY convertible seat at this time that does}. Then there was the Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio SIP which can attach directly to strollers without an adapter, has a no rethread feature, and comes in a variety of beautiful colors.

2014 Clek Foonf and Peg-Perego Primo Viaggio SIP at #MommyCon #MommyConChicago #carseat

Then there were the fun products that just caught my eye. Crane had a train humidifier that was simply adorable! Itzy Ritzy has a fabulous nursing cover that can double as an infinity scarf. I am not sure if you have heard but Little Tikes and Diono have teamed up to bring consumers some bold bright baby gear, and their little baby bouncer seat reminded me of my children’s cozy coupe I just had to share. Then there was the Combi Go and Grow Walker, Play Table & Chairs which had me smiling from ear to ear. It starts out as a stationary activity center, can be transitioned to a walker, and then converts into a table with chairs as the child grows! How cool is that?

2014 #MommyCon #MommyConChicago Products #Crane #ItzyRitzy #LittleTikes #Diono #Combi

Now that I have shared the awesome gear I had the opportunity to check out, let me share a bit about the people I was delighted to meet. As a blogger I get the chance to interact with companies and fellow bloggers that I like via email and social networking, but I am not always able to have face to face time with them. Mommy-Con provided a great opportunity and atmosphere for me to put a face to a name and personality and voice to a persona. I got to meet some of my favorite bloggers at Mommy-Con that I would not have met otherwise. I got to eat lunch with a blogging bestie – Danielle from Happenings of the Harper Household and chat with Jamie {TheBabyGuyNYC} from The Baby Gear Guide, and visit with Pam from Joovy. I got to meet many more fabulous people and interact with some pretty amazing moms. It was a great day!

MommyCon Chicago #JoovyFriends Photo Courtesy of Joovy

2014 #MommyCon #MommyConChicago #HappeningsoftheHarperHousehold #TheBabyGuyNYC #MomMart #Joovy

I was extremely excited to check out MommyCon, the seminars and workshops I attended were informative and engaging. The people were fun and the products I saw were pretty darn cool.  Even though I had to leave early to get home and I missed all the great giveaways that took place at the end of the night, it was a fabulous and worthwhile experience for me and I  hope to be able to attend next year!


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...