Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Best Alfredo Recipe EVER!


I have been playing around with my creamy Alfredo sauce recipe for what seems like forever. This has been a labor of love and one that has taken me quite a while. There has been a lot of tweaking and quite a few times there have been inedible meals… But I have finally perfected this recipe - at least I think it is perfect.

One of the best parts of this recipe is the fact that the Alfredo sauce is creamy without being sticky and the recipe makes enough for a meal tonight and another meal later in the week. I cooked it with chicken for the first meal and then put the remaining sauce in a jar and served it with a seafood medley later in the week. Both were equally delicious and I was happy to know that this recipe reheated well. Can you believe it? 2 meals for the work of 1!

Quick, Easy, and Delicious Alfredo Recipe


What you need:
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 oz of pasta noodles {the package states the serving size which is typically 2 oz, so for my hubby and I to eat a meal I make 4 oz of noodles}

How to make it:
Cook the pasta noodles in boiling water.
In a sauce pan over medium heat melt the butter.
Add the garlic and cook for about two minutes.
Add in the heavy whipping cream and the cream cheese.
Continue to heat, stirring frequently, until bubbling. Be careful not to let it boil.
Add in the Parmesan Cheese and continue to stir until the cheese melts.
Add the salt and pepper
Once the noodles are cooked, drain them and plate them.
Pour desired amount of sauce over cooked noodles. 
I like to top my pasta with a little Parmesan cheese as well - but this is optional.
Eat!

Easy Alfredo Tutorial

Normally I double my noodles and just mix the sauce into the noodles and place half of the meal into a container to be eaten at a later date. Then I reheat it in the microwave. While this is perfectly fine for spaghetti marinara sauce – Alfredo sauce tends to separate when reheated in the microwave. So I decided to place the remaining sauce in a jar and refrigerate it until later in the week. The remaining sauce filled an entire glass canning jar to the top!

Later in the week I decided a seafood veggie Alfredo medley sounded delicious, so I grilled some shrimp, cooked some broccoli, and then reheated the leftover Alfredo sauce in a pan on the stove over medium heat. It reheated this way perfectly and tasted just as good the second time around. 


Meal #2: Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo

It took me quite a long time to perfect this recipe, but it was well worth the wait. I will NEVER try another Alfredo sauce recipe again! This was perfect and really simple to prepare. The texture was perfect {which can be difficult to accomplish if using the wrong cheese} and the taste was sublime. I hope you give this recipe a try and love it just as much as my family does.  


Do you ever plan your meals to be used as leftovers later in the week?




This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:
Friday Food FrenzyFull Time Mama

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...