Wednesday, October 16, 2013

My Pumpkin Patch Kids


It is a family tradition to visit the pumpkin patch each fall with the kids. We go, we pick out pumpkins, and I take a gazillion pictures. My oldest is a complete ham and poses for me without my prompting. My middle child takes some cajoling in order to capture a good shot – and even then I am lucky if I can actually capture it on film {or digital… you know what I mean}. My baby girl is not yet able to sit unassisted, so she tends to take a lot more work. I am constantly thinking to myself when I try to capture these moments on camera, “How did my mother do it.”

My mother had five children and my parents took family portraits themselves each year. Usually these pictures were taken in front of a fireplace or a hideous chair, but they eventually captured all of their five children looking at the camera at the same time and smiling. WHAT! I call this witchcraft. Especially in a time that digital was unheard of and people had to wait to develop their film to see whether or not they got a good shot. I was not able to get a picture of the whole family, let alone one in which everyone is even looking in the same general direction. So – I tip my hat to you mom. Well done.

Posing at the Pumpkin Patch

 Pumpkin Patch Kid won't get out of the pumpkins!

Pumpkin Patch Kid won't get out of the pumpkins, but at least he is looking at me!

Pumpkin Patch Baby Julia

I did however capture some pretty adorable {not biased at all here} pictures of each of the children all by themselves. Maybe I will just make a collage of them… I think that may be the only way I get all three children looking at the camera at the same time. These are my little pumpkin patch kids, embracing the orange.


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...