Monday, May 16, 2011

Product Review: Baby Trend Navigator Double Jogger Stroller in Sonic


My mother-in-law bought this stroller for me after I gave birth to my second son. I was worried about how I was going to handle both my newborn and my toddler on outings by myself. I wanted a stroller that would accommodate both my newborn in his infant carrier and my toddler. I wanted a side by side stroller because my toddler has a tendency to kick whatever is in front of him and I also wanted him within easy reach, just in case…

I spent a lot of time reading other peoples reviews about which strollers they liked and disliked. I looked at the pros and cons of a number of strollers before making my decision. I chose this stroller for a number of reasons:

1)   This stroller accommodates up to 50 pounds for each seat. This means that I will be able to use this stroller for quite a while. My toddler is a big boy and already weighs in at 35 pounds right now (he is not fat, he is tall and solid). 
2)   This stroller accepts two infant carriers, and no they do not have to be baby trend infant carriers. My original Graco infant carrier snaps in no problem. This is great because my sister-in-law just gave birth to a little girl in January and we can take the babies in one stroller. One of us can push the stroller and one of us can walk with my toddler.
3)   The shades are moveable. I am able to keep the kids in the shade all day long without purchasing additional attachments for the stroller.
4)   It has a multi-position seat recline and a five point harness system. The multi-position seating is accomplished through an adjustable snap that can be lengthened and shortened depending on your desired level of incline.
5)   Removable child trays. There is a tray for each seat that can be removed as desired.
6)   There is a parent tray with two cup holders and a compartment. The compartment has speakers and can attach to your mp3 player, ipod, ipad, and iphone. Awesome!
7)   There is storage galore! Two baskets located under the two seats as well as pockets on the back of each seat.











There is one big thing you need to be aware of with this product, and I knew it going into this purchase so it obviously didn’t make a big difference to me. The stroller is too wide to fit through standard doorways. Meaning it will not fit out your front door or store front doors if they are single doors. I store this stroller in my garage and enter and exit through the garage when I use it. In researching strollers I discovered that the other side by side double jogging strollers out there that could fit through standard doorways could not accept two infant carriers and in some cases they did not accept one infant carrier. It accommodates two infant carriers side-by-side. I bought this stroller for outings to the park, the zoo, and the arboretum. I can use this stroller to go shopping at stores with a double door, but single door entry is out.

I love this stroller! I have used it to go to the park with my sister-in-law and her newborn. It has carried two infants in their carriers as well as my toddler (he was sitting on the footrest while the babies were in the carriers attached to the stroller). Although this is not super safe, it was great when my 35 pound son refused to walk home because his new shoes were hurting his feet.

My independent toddler loves to ride in this stroller. The mesh netting in the sun shade and in the adjustable seat makes for great peak-a-boo games. One of my favorite things about this stroller is that my son’s sippy cups fit in his child tray cup holders. Most stroller child cup holders are too small. It is incredibly convenient to be able to hand him his sippy cup and let him be in charge of when he want to take a drink. Then my husband and I don’t have to share our cup holders, hooray! I love the two cup holders and the parent tray hidden beneath the speakers. Once again storage galore! I would highly recommend this stroller.

You can find this product online at Baby Trend.com.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...