Monday, May 23, 2011

Product Review: Udders Covers Nursing Cover - Maria

When I had my first son I was nervous about breastfeeding in public. Instead of purchasing a nursing cover I hid out in bathroom stalls and changing rooms when taking my son out on shopping excursions. Now with a toddler and a newborn I can’t hide out whenever my newborn needs to eat. 

My toddler is too active a child to stay in a stall or changing room without trying to crawl out or open the door. I am more comfortable with the idea of breastfeeding in public so long as I can stay covered. Let’s be honest, bathroom stalls are gross and uncomfortable places to try and breastfeed. I don’t eat in public bathrooms, why should I expect my baby to eat in one. This time around I need a nursing cover.

I recently purchased the Udders Covers Nursing Cover in Maria from Udder Covers. This is a machine washable 100% cotton nursing cover that can be used anywhere. The fabric is breathable without running the risk of being thin and see through. It has d-rings that make the neckline adjustable, so it is a one size fits all nursing cover. Its rectangular shape allows you to place the fabric over your shoulder or tuck it securely under your arm for full coverage while breastfeeding. 

My favorite feature about this nursing cover is the bendable rigid neckline. Because the neckline is rigid and can be bent I can maintain eye contact with my newborn while feeding him. This is also convenient if you need to adjust your baby or help him latch on, as you can see your newborn and make adjustments without moving the nursing cover.


I recently took a trip to the Brookfield Zoo with my family and was able to put this nursing cover to use. I breastfed my newborn son twice at the zoo surrounded by people completely covered and comfortable. I could not be more pleased with this nursing cover.

As a side note, their customer service department is quick with responses and very polite. I had a question about my order and received a response within 24 hours. Great Job Udders Covers!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...