Thursday, September 15, 2011

Quick and Easy Crock Pot Lasagna Recipe

crockpot lasagna
I love crockpot dinners! I especially love crockpot meals that are quick and easy to make. Last week I decided to make crockpot lasagna and it was a big hit! So… I have decided to share my recipe for quick and easy crockpot lasana with you. I make this meal early on in the week and then serve the leftovers for dinner on another night.Without further ado here is my quick and easy crockpot lasagna recipe.

Preperation Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 4-6 hours and 15-20 minutes
Servings: 6-8 servings

ingredients
     What you need:
ð       1 Jar of Spaghetti Sauce (24oz)
ð       1 Container of Ricotta Cheese (15oz)
ð       1 Package of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (7oz)
ð       ¼ Cup Parmesean Cheese
ð       5-7 Lasagna Noodles – Oven Ready (depending on the size of your crockpot)
ð       3 Italian Sausages Links (You can use ground beef instread, I just preffer to use sausage for taste)
ð       1 Egg
ð       1 ½ Tbsp Chopped Parsley
ð       1 Cup water
ð       1 Container of Fresh Mushrooms - sliced (optional)
ð       ½ Container of Black Olives  - chopped (optional)

Cook It:
Cook the Italian Sausage (I use a george foreman grill because it is quick and easy and drains the meat for me). Once the meat is cooked cut it up into small bite sized pieces.

Combine the spaghetti sauce, the water, the sliced mushrooms, the chopped black olives, and the cooked chopped italian sausage.

In a separate bowl combine the ricotta cheese, the egg, 3 Tbsp. parmesean cheese, 1 ½ cups of the mozzarella (save the rest of the mozzarella and parmesean cheese to sprinkle over the top right before serving), and parsley.
mixtures
Spoon 1 cup of spaghetti sauce mixture into the crockpot, then add a layer of oven ready lasagna noodles (brake the noodles to fit), finally top with the ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat this process using 2 cups of spaghetti sauce mixture, the remaining noodles and the remaining ricoota cheese mixture. Top with the remaining spaghetti sauce mixture.

layers
Cover the crockpot with the lid and cook on LOW 4-6 hours (the liquid should be absorbed)

Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and parmesean cheese and re-cover10 minutes before serving.

I got this recipe from a friend of mine and completely tweeked it to fit my families personal tastes. Feel free to tweek this recipe to fit you and your family. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.

Written by: Laura Andry



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...