Monday, July 2, 2012

An amazing Ribfest experience with Sears #GrillingIsHappiness #CBias




GrillingIsHappiness

Me and Ty!

This year Ribfest started off with a bang. I was lucky enough to be invited to participate in a pre-Ribfest soirée hosted by Sears on Friday evening where I was able to meet the people behind #GrillingIsHappiness and hear all about what goes into making, purchasing, and marketing the products that I drool over. We discussed grills and outdoor living products as well as what we could expect at Ribfest the next day. I left the get together with a little swag and a lot of anticipation for the next days festivities! 

Ribfest

Ribfest

Ribfest is put on by the Exchange Club of Naperville and the proceeds from the festival go to the elimination of child abuse and domestic violence. As if that were not reason enough to attend, Ribfest is also a great place to simply kick back, relax, and enjoy yourself. It is perfect for meeting up with friends and family for a fun filled day - or night- of fabulous food, magnificent music, and amusing activities. There is something for everyone!
 
I was able to spend a majority of my Saturday at Ribfest and I had a great time. The event itself is quite large and there are maps strategically placed throughout the grounds for those who are directionally challenged - like me! There are stages set up for the bands to rock out on, rows of expo vendors engaging you with their products, and food vendors galore enticing you to eat their award winning foods. 

Ribfest Map

Ribfest this year was especially interesting due to one expo tent in particular, the Sears #GrillingIsHappiness tent! They had some fun freebies for attendees to take home and the people working the Sears tent were both engaging and entertaining. Ty Pennington was there to greet people, take pictures, and sign autographs. For me, it was completely surreal to meet Ty! I have been a fan of his since he was a carpenter on Trading Spaces and have spend many a night crying through an episode of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. He is just as pleasant and charming in person as he appears on television.

Ty Pennington
Grilling Is Happiness Tent

This was by far my favorite place to hang out at Ribfest. Aside from the celebrity presence, there were some awesome grill demonstrations going on throughout the day that were fun to watch and highly educational.

In my head I was prepared for some type of steak or rib to be grilled during all of the Sears demonstrations. Instead I was presented with one unique recipe after another. Each grilling expert shared great tips and tricks for grilling at home. Each GrillingIsHappiness demonstration was insightful and entertaining.

George Hirsch

I was able to watch George Hirsch “Chef & Lifestyle Expert” grill up some GingerShrimp &Pork with Chinese Vermicelli, which tasted just as good as it looked {yummy!}. This demo was so engaging that even Ty Pennington jumped in to lend a hand… and grab a bite.

Perry Perkin

Perry Perkin from “Burnin’ Love BBQ” came to throw down the grilling gauntlet with some amazing DragonClaws. He used some Jack Daniels wood-chips and a fun little slider grill accessory that made grilling these tasty treats a breeze! My grill accessory shopping list just keeps growing!
Robyn Lindars

The grand finally for the grilling demonstrations was both unexpected and delightful. I was pleased to find out that Robyn Lindars from “Grill Grrrl” was going to be preparing a GrilledBBQ Chicken Pizza. I have always wanted to grill my own pizza at home and was super excited to be able to watch an expert make this dish. Robyn made this look quick and easy, something that even I could handle!I was super excited to find out that all of the recipes were available on GrillingIsHappiness.com/blog/.

GrillingIsHappiness.com

You can check out my entire #GrillingIsHappiness experience as well as the tips I picked up from the grilling experts in my Google+ Album.

After spending a large part of my day at the Sears tent I made sure to have a look around at what else Ribfest had to offer. I had a fun time checking out the carnival games and prizes and even got into some playful banter with a few of the people working the games {I was so not going to be carrying around a gigantic stuffed anything in 90 degree weather}. There was a variety of rides and bounce houses for kids and young adults.

Carnival Game

Ribfest BBQ

Ribs... I had ribs for dinner!

The food I was able to sample tasted just as good as it looked. I knew where I wanted to eat based on who had the longest lines. The first place I ventured had the longest lines, but everything on the menu came as a meal and I was too hot to eat that much food. I moved onto the second longest line and waited my turn to sink my teeth into their award winning ribs. They were tender and pulled easily off the bone. I smothered them in some sweet and smoky sauce and made an absolute mess of myself. You know its good barbeque when you end up wearing it!

The best part of Ribfest for me is that it is practically held in my back yard. I am just a stone’s throw away from Naperville and love that this event is hosted so close to where I live! I had an amazing time and plan on going next year with the entire family.


You can check out your LocalSears Ad and Catalog & stay connected with

Ready to find out who won the amazing Grilling Tool Set from Sears?

The lucky Mom Mart winner of the Grillfinity Gourmet 3-Piece Grilling Tool Set (ARV $53.01) is Monique Bon for tweeting about this giveaway. An email has been sent to the winner and they have 48 hours to respond before another winner is drawn. Congratulations!


I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Sears. #CBias #SocialFabric Regardless, all of the thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...