Monday, July 23, 2012

Sick little monkeys and a barrel full of tasks

nap time

This weekend was filled with sick children and chores. Although neither one is very fun, my weekend was still somewhat productive.

Saturday was spent taping and painting my kitchen while the boys spent the afternoon at their grandparent’s house down the road. While they were splashing around watering plants, my husband and I were climbing over cabinets to get those hard to reach places above cabinets painted perfectly{don’t worry I will be sharing pictures of the kitchen very soon}.

When the kids came home they were worn out. Steven had a low grade fever but seemed to be doing okay; he was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. William came home and wanted to help paint. He just LOVES to “help”. It was a little more difficult putting him to bed for the night.

Sunday started off highly productive with my family working to clean up and organize the garage. We would like to be able to get the minivan in the garage and still be able to open the doors to be able to get in and out. This is a lot to ask for, I know... But what started out as a chaotic garage is slowly becoming more organized… but it is still not exactly what I have pictured in my head {nor does it resemble what I have pinned on Pinterest}.

Working in the garage.

After a session of garage organization we spent the morning doing laundry and making our grocery list/weekly menu. Around this time I started to notice that William was not feeling well. He was complaining of being cold, but he was hot to the touch. He had a fever of 100.1 and was complaining of an upset tummy. I gave him some children’s fever reducer and he took a nap. When he woke up all he wanted to do was cuddle. So we cuddled the afternoon away.

children's medicine

When bedtime rolled around my little guy was still not feeling great. He got sick all over mommy, the chair, the rug, the wall, and the wood floor {gross}. It was not a pretty site. While daddy cleaned up the mess {thank goodness for carpet cleaners}, mommy took over bath duty. After bath time William was feeling better but still not great. A little more cuddling and then it was time for bed… only there was very little actual sleep happening.

My little guy decided that he was not going to sleep in his room, at least by himself. He came in around midnight to collect mom for snuggles. After a couple hours of fitful sleeping in a twin size bed we migrated to mom and dad’s room. William was up most of the night moving around. One minute he was hot and kicking off covers and the next he was shivering and burrowing under a mountain of blankets. This was not restful sleep for anyone.

Thanks goodness the boys seem to be doing better today. Although we got a lot of chores taken care of over the weekend, there is still a lot of things on my to do list to get done. Now all I need to do is find the energy to get moving while the kids are napping.

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...