- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Pecans
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Corn Syrup (Dark or ½Dark and ½Light )
- 1/3 Cup Butter/Margarine (Melted)
- 1 9” Unbaked Pastry Shell
- Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat eggs thoroughly with sugar, pinch of salt, corn syrup, and melted butter (Note: Make sure the butter has cooled down before adding it to the rest of the mixture or else it will cook the egg and you will have to start over).
3. Pour 1 cup of pecans into the uncooked pie shell. Poor the egg mixture over the pecans.
4. Cover in tin foil and Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Remove tin foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
As a side note: If you are worried about overflow or making a mess in your oven use a cookie sheet. I usually place my pies directly on a cookie sheet and then into the oven in order to avoid overflow.
I have baked pecan pie several times using this recipe and have never had a bad pie. In fact, I am lucky if my pecan pie can make it to the occasion it was originally baked for.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!