Sunday, May 20, 2012

The big 3-0!



It is that time of year again; the time of year when I celebrate my birthday. I do not dread or fear getting older. Instead, I embrace the passing of each year and like to look back on where I have been and how far I have grown.

I believe all birthdays are a cause for celebration and I like to celebrate the heck out of my birthday! If I could celebrate my birthday all month long I would… but alas I cannot {Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, and the Indy 500 all take place in May}. So I take what I can get and I try and stretch out my day as long as I can because this mom wants to celebrate her birthday!
I spend a ridiculous amount of time planning and preparing for parties. I hand make invitations. I scour the internet and Pinterest for party ideas. I order and/or create decorations, centerpieces, and party favors. I clean my entire home for parties that I host and I prepare the food {although over the last couple of years I have enlisted the assistance of family for side dishes}. It is a lot of work to host a party, but it is also a lot of fun.

 I love planning parties. Although I am by no means nearly as crafty, as creative, or as capable as Martha Stewart. I am pretty darn good if I say so myself {and I do}. I plan birthday parties for my children and my husband. I plan bridal and baby shower parties too! No matter what kind of party I plan I have a great time doing it.

By the time my birthday rolls around on the calendar I am exhausted and ready to just throw my hands up and call it a day. My oldest child was born in February, My husband was born in March, and my baby was born in April; so when May rolls around I am usually pretty tired of party planning.

This year I decided that I wanted a family only birthday party. I invited my parents, in-laws, brothers, sisters, nieces, and nephews to my home for my 30th birthday celebration. We had Mexican food, margaritas, and a little monkey mayhem {the kids had a blast playing together and running around the house}. It was good old family fun at its best and I was so thankful for everyone for taking the time out of their busy lives to come and be a part of my celebration. 


I know that it is not easy to give up a weekend and to travel. Lord knows gas is expensive and time is precious. My little guys had an amazing time playing with their cousins and I had a wonderful time visiting with family. So thank you, and thank you for getting so into the theme!


I am very excited about turning 30. I am thrilled to have lived such a blessed life and to be able to keep growing as a person. Each day I learn something new and I am thankful. The big 3-0 is just a number. I will always be a kid at heart.
  

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...