Friday, May 4, 2012

DIY Cinderella Theme Wedding Shower Invitations

I am co-hosting a wedding shower for my little sister this weekend and I have been getting my craftiness on. I thought long and hard about what the theme of the wedding shower should be. I wanted to do something a little whimsical but not off the wall crazy. I decided to go with a Cinderella theme… but more about the shoes than anything else. My little sister just loves shoes!

 Cinderella Invitaion

   With the Cinderella theme in mind I took out my scrapbooking supplies and got to work.

What you need:
  • Paper {I use 12x12 scrapbook paper in order to get the most out of a single sheet}
  • Paper cutter {this makes it easy to cut straight lines}
  • Scissors {if you are cutting out shapes}
  • Printer {if you are printing images or text – you can write out the invitations by hand as well… but that is more time consuming.}
  • Glue

How to Make the Invitations:
I use three pieces of paper per card; the backdrop {the scroll paper}, the printed paper {the white cardstock}, and the accent color {the Tiffany blue paper}. 
  1. Figure out how big you want your card to be and cut paper using the paper cutter accordingly.
  2. Type or write the text you want to use by hand. {Remember to include a Date, Time, Place, and RSVP by date in the invitation}.
  3. If you are using images and need to cut out shapes I find that tracing the shape once and then cutting a couple at a time using scissors is the easiest way to save time.
  4. Figure out how you want to arrange the paper and which paper you want to use where.
  5. Glue the image paper onto the accent paper and then glue the accent paper onto the backdrop paper {this is called layering and it adds depth}.

I enjoy making my own cards. I have a hard time finding exactly what I want and enjoy the process of being crafty. Sometimes, if I am lucky, my family will lend a hand with the gluing portion of the activity to save me time and sticky fingers.

  

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...