Monday, May 7, 2012

DIY Cinderella Theme Wedding Shower Centerpieces

Cinderella Centerpiece

I love party planning. One of my favorite things to do is pick a theme and go to town on organizing and creating a fabulous and fun party. To me, a party is more than just the food people eat and the activity being celebrated. I believe that a great party is one that you will remember; it evokes a feeling.

When I plan a party I think about the invitations {you can see my Cinderella Invitation tutorial HERE} as well as the decorations. When I plan a party at home I like to hang things, but when planning a party at a location where that is not possibly I try and get crafty with the areas I am able to decorate. That usually limits me to the table tops.

Since I am co-hosting a wedding shower for my little sister at a location outside of my home, I had to get creative and think of a whimsical table centerpiece that would embrace the whole Cinderella theme. I wanted to focus on that little glass slipper and the opulence of royalty for my centerpieces… and I didn’t want to break the bank.

Each centerpiece consists of a vase {that will hold a white hydrangea}, a frame with a Cinderella quote, and a little glass slipper. I used leftover scrapbook paper from the shower invitations to make the vases and printed out the quotes from my home printer to save money. The glass slippers cost $2.15 a slipper. The glass vases cost $1.00 a vase, and the frames cost $4.00 a frame. Making the grand total for the cost of each centerpiece $7.15. I think that is pretty good, don’t you?


What you need to make the vase centerpiece:
  • Glass Containers {I bought my vases for $1.00 each at the Dollar Tree.}
  • Paper {I use 12x12 scrapbook paper in order to get the most out of a single sheet
  • Paper cutter {this makes it easy to cut straight lines}
  • Glue
How to make the vase centerpiece:
I use three pieces of paper per card; the backdrop {the scroll paper}, the printed paper {the white cardstock}, and the accent color {the Tiffany blue paper}.

1.      Cut the background scrapbook paper into 2-3” thick strips.

2.      Cut the accent scrapbook paper into 1/2 -1” thick strips.

3.      Glue the accent paper onto the background paper.

4.      Wrap the dried paper around the vase and glue the ends together overlapping one piece over the other {I use quick drying scrapbook glue}.

Dollar Store Glass Vase
Create the frame for the vases with scrapbook paper

Beautiful Inexpensive Vases


I love getting crafty. Being crafty is fun way to save some money and I enjoy the process of seeing my projects come to life. I have found that doing things myself is a lot more fun than walking into a store and buying it off the shelf. There is a pride of ownership that comes from being crafty and creating things. It also helps that I can create something for the fraction of the cost that it would be listed at in stores.


Http://MomMart.blogspot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...