This is one of my families go to meals. It tastes like it takes forever to prepare, but in reality it is a really quick recipe. I usually make the salmon with roasted asparagus, but a side of rice compliments the fish as well. This meal is requested whenever extended family comes to visit.
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (I use horseradish mustard for a little kick)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 salmon fillet (1lb)
1. Mix all marinade ingredients. (I pour them all into a plastic bag- make sure to set a little aside to drizzle over the top of the salmon once it is cooked)
2. Place salmon in the plastic bag with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes, no longer than an hour.
3. Set oven control to broil. Remove salmon from marinade; save marinade. Place salmon skin side down on a rack in a broiler pan (I used a cookie baking pan and line it with tin foil). Broil with top 4-6 inches from medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Salmon should flake easily with fork when done.
4. Plate the salmon and pour remaining marinate over the cooked salmon.
I love this meal. It is perfect for those nights when you don’t have a lot of time to prepare a big meal. It is a light and healthy meal that tastes phenomenal. I hope you enjoy!