Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Chocolate Almond Butter Croissants #Recipe

Chocolate croissants are delicious. In fact thanks to my local farmers market I had the pleasure of tasting my very first one this summer and quickly found myself addicted. Unfortunately as life would have it I was unable to get back to my farmers market to get the card from the very nice lady who sold me this tasty treat. So I had to come up with a way to try to replicate it at home.

I went the quick and easy way this time around, although I think I will try making my own dough the next time I make these to see if I can make really big flaky croissants. But in a pinch and on a time constraint these are fabulous both hot out of the oven or as a room temperature mid-afternoon snack… yes my 4 year old and I polished these off at nap time.

Chocolate Almond Butter Croissant Recipe with Picture Tutorial #Foodie #Breakfast #Yummy

What you need:
1 container of Pillsbury Crescent Big & Flaky Croissant Rolls
1 teaspoon of Nutella spread per croissant
1 package of Justin’s Almond Butter {I bought a 99¢ package}

How to Make It:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place the croissant dough on a cookie sheet.
Spread 1 teaspoon of Nutella onto each triangle of croissant dough.
Squeeze a little almond butter on top of the Nutella.
Roll the dough starting at the base of the triangle forming the classic croissant form.
Bake in the oven for 16 minutes.
Take out and let cool slightly and then devour.

Quick and Easy Chocolate Almond Butter Croissant Recipe with Picture Tutorial #Foodie #Breakfast #Yummy

How to make quick and easy Chocolate Almond Butter Croissant Recipe with Picture Tutorial #Foodie #Breakfast #Yummy

I know this sounds ridiculously simple, it is. It really is that simple to make these croissants. My son asked if we could make some more for daddy once he got home since we ate them all. My answer was no, these were a special treat that we will get to have on mornings when daddy goes to watch the Bears play football. This might be slightly selfish of me, but I like the idea of having a little something special for me and the kiddos – our own little football Sunday tradition.

I am planning on testing out some variations of this with preserves and cream cheeses and such. I enjoy experimenting in the kitchen, because each and every experimentation brings me one step closer to something delicious.


Aside from chocolate, what do you think would be good in a croissant?


This recipe is linked up at Delicious Dish Tuesday and Friday Food Frenzy:

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...