Thursday, January 24, 2013

Getting worn out easily this time around #Pregnancy Week 18

How Far Along: 18 Weeks
Due Date: June 22nd, 2013
Boy or girl: We don’t know the gender yet… but will find out soon!
Bump Picture: Here I am… bumpity bump bump bump.

Pregnancy week 18

Baby Development: Head to rump, my baby is about 5 1/2 inches long and weighs almost 7 ounces. It is able to flex both arms and legs. The ears are now in their final position even though they are still standing out a bit from the head. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born.

If the baby is a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes will be formed and in place at this point in time. If I’m having a boy, his genitals will be noticeable now in an ultrasound.

Pregnancy week 18

Symptoms: I have discovered that I get worn out really quickly when I do certain things like carry my toddler up the stairs. I really need to stop doing that. Especially since he is going to be turning 2 in April and weighs almost 30lbs. {I know… bad mommy}

I get little bursts of energy mid-morning and mid-afternoon and then - nada – for the rest of the day. I will be starting a new workout routine very soon with Moms Into Fitness and I am hoping that will help out with my energy levels.

Currently craving: I am having no real cravings this week. This is a nice change of pace for this pregnancy. 

Currently Avoiding: Nothing is setting me off right now, hooray!

Belly button status: In.

Movement: Feeling little movements every once in a while. No real kicking or rolling just yet.

Names: We are waiting to find out the gender of the baby before we announce the name. But we do have both picked out, so we will happily welcome either a little girl or a little boy. We find out next week what we are having!!!!!!!

Any appointments?: Gender reveal ultrasound next week and regular checkup two weeks after that.   

Any baby related purchases?: Not yet.

Other: 
I played around in the new nursery this week and even tried my hand at a little organization for the closet. I did this when my boys were home and awake and they thought that this was a fabulous idea. My little guy loved mommy taking out the infant car seat, the bouncer, and the bassinet… because they were wonderful toys for him to climb on/in and play with. I forgot that when I pulled everything out for a new baby my older boys would think that they were getting their toys back!




Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...