Friday, January 4, 2013

Shopping at DOM itp European Housewares in Woodfield Mall

DOM itp

I was recently invited to have a ladies night in at DOM itp European Housewares – a fun and unique store that I cannot wait to visit again. I met up with some Chicago area bloggers to learn more about this store and its unique wares. It is not often that I get to go out by myself and enjoy a night out with the ladies. I had a blast!

What is DOM itp European Housewares? It means house {Dom} etcetera {itp}, and there are some exceptional and interesting items to be found there. My favorite room was by far the scarf/hat room in the back. There are some beautiful purses there as well, but I was all about the knit scarves and ended up buying three!
This store, new to the Woodfield Mall shopping center and located right next door to Nordstrom’s on the second level, is so much more than meets the eye and is very much worth wandering into if you are in the neighborhood. What you see when walking by is clothing and jewelry made by designers from Poland debuting in the US {I am in love with the jackets!}, but there is so much more. In adjoining rooms are beautiful ornaments that are hand decorated and simply beautiful. There is also a room that contains Polish pottery and stoneware from Poland. And then there is my favorite room stacked with hats and scarves and purses galore. I spent hours here shopping for gifts… and myself.

DOM itp Woodfield Mall

ornaments

DOM itp hat and scarf room

If you are in the Chicagoland area and feel like a little shopping I would recommend checking out DOM itp’s newest location at Woodfield Mall. DOM itp in Woodfield Mall is the sixth location for the fabulous Polish imports store, so if this location is not near you... there may be others close by. I found some great scarves and ornaments that I gifted to family for Christmas as well as some fun items for myself. It was all reasonably priced and distinctive.

If you are not in the Chicago area you can check them out at the DOM itp website or on Facebook. They do ship items and you can purchase directly from their site. - This could mean trouble for my bank account.

Needless to say, I think this store is a gem and I will be making many more trips back!

Disclosure: I received a gift card from DOM itp as part of the opening event.  I was not asked to write about this, nor was I compensated for doing so.  All opinions expressed are 100% my own.



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...