Thursday, January 10, 2013

I keep growing and growing and growing… #Pregnancy Journal Week 16

How Far Along: 16 Weeks
Due Date: June 22nd, 2013
Boy or girl: We don’t know the gender yet.
Bump Picture: When I look down now I see bump and then my toes.

Baby Development: In the next few weeks, my baby will double his/her weight and add inches to their length. As of now, the baby is the size of an avocado:  4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. The legs are much more developed, the head is more upright, the ears are close to their final position, and the eyes have moved closer to the front of the head. Baby has even begun to grow some toenails!


Symptoms: No morning sickness this week! Woo Hoo! I could not be happier. I am still battling a cold, but even that seems to be starting to wane. I have noticed recently that if I get up too fast or try to do too much I get light headed and have dizzy spells. I am sure there is a technical term for it. Whenever this happens I try and eat something like crackers or a piece of fruit to give me a boost.  

Currently craving: Full on fruit craze! I also really love snacking on raw veggies {carrots, cucumbers, peppers}. I know it sounds really healthy, but I totally dip them in ranch dressing. Grilled cheese sandwiches are also making their way onto my plate regularly.

Currently Avoiding:  I am still staying away from Mexican food. Sadly, chicken is still not my friend, which is making it really hard on my hubby who does not eat red meat.

Belly button status: In.

Movement: I have still felt no movement to date.

Names: We have both a girl name and a boy name picked out and ready.

Any appointments?: I have an appointment in a week.  

Any baby related purchases?: None so far.

Other: My oldest son is starting to tell people there is a baby in mommy’s belly. He was very informative to the woman cashier checking us out at Target the other day. It was quite comical. He informed her that he was a big brother and he was going to have another baby and even though mommy has it in her tummy now, it will come out in five months… WOW! I guess he is listening when I talk to him.



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...