Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Bump is slowly taking over: #Pregnancy Journal Week 17

How Far Along: 17 Weeks
Due Date: June 22nd, 2013
Boy or girl: We don’t know the gender yet… but will find out soon!
Bump Picture: For some reason I was unable to take a very flattering bump picture this week. The ones I liked were out of focus and the ones that were in focus I am not a fan of. This is the best one of the bunch… Still not a great one though. * I may be slightly hormonal and more than a little crazy – please be kind *


Baby Development: Our baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord is growing stronger and thicker too. My baby weighs around 5 ounces now and is around 5 inches long from head to bottom. The baby can move his/her joints, and the sweat glands are starting to develop this week as well.


Symptoms: I have read that on average most women have gained about 10lbs by this time in the pregnancy. I have gained 2 lbs in this pregnancy so far. I think that has to do more with my first trimester morning sickness than anything else. My weigh in at the last doctor’s appointment was the same as it was 4 weeks ago. On a truly positive note I am starting to really get some energy back {in little spurts, but I will take anything I can get}. I am hoping to pick back up some semblance of a fitness regime soon.

Currently craving: I was able to eat spaghetti for the first time ever in this pregnancy this week and I downed it like it was my last meal and kept it down. My husband made me Chicken Parmesan and it is my favorite thing that he cooks. It is ridiculously delicious and I will be eating it again tonight! Hooray!

Currently Avoiding: Still off of the Mexican foods.

Belly button status: In.

Movement: Little fluttering this week! This is my favorite part of being pregnant. I love feeling the baby move and feel like this is an early indication of what their personality will be like when they come out. William was a very chill baby in the belly and once he came out he never stopped moving. Steven was a mover and a shaker in the belly and he is a very chill baby now that he is out.

Names: We are waiting to find out the gender of the baby before we announce the name. But we do have both picked out, so we will happily welcome either a little girl or a little boy.

Any appointments?: I have an appointment in two weeks for the big gender revealing ultrasound and then another doctor’s appointment in four weeks.   

Any baby related purchases?: I am not buying anything for this baby until I know if it will be a boy or a girl.

Other: My oldest son told his teachers that mommy is having a baby… well technically he said mommy is having two babies {NOTE: there is only ONE baby in my belly}. His teacher and I had a good laugh over this.

My husband came into the room the other night and laughed at me. He then told me “You are REALLY pregnant”… um okay… When I asked him what he meant he laughed some more and said that I was really getting a pregnancy belly. – Because nothing makes one feel more attractive than being told they REALLY look pregnant and are getting a belly.  Silly husband.



Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...