Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year: Hopes and Goals for 2013


2012 was a busy year for my family.
  • We sold our townhome and bought a new home closer to family. The move was interesting with two little ones around directing traffic and giving directions.  We have been fixing up the new home to meet our style and needs, and that in itself is a work in progress.
  • Sadly, a very dear member of my family passed away this year {love you Grandma} and I flew to Los Angeles to say my goodbyes.
  • I was lucky enough to be able to attend BlogHer12 in New York and even had time enough to make a little vacation of the trip.
  • We found out this year that we will be expecting a new baby come June 2013 and we are thrilled!

These are just some of the major events of 2012 and I can honestly say that I had a very blessed 2012. I cannot wait to see what 2013 has in store for my family.

What are you hoping for in 2013? Do you have a resolution or a goal for the coming year?

I am not a real believer in New Year’s resolutions. I believe that if you truly wanted to make a change it would not matter what the date was… you would make the change. I believe that people make resolutions only to break them within the first week of the New Year, most the first day. I do not make New Year’s resolutions. I make goals, things I hope to accomplish and ways to work towards my goals.

Something I am constantly working on is my patience. I have no patience when it comes to certain things and have a tendency to be a little too type A personality at times. I am my own worst critic, as I should be. You cannot grow and change if you do not think that there is need for growth.

For myself, I am hoping to have an uneventful pregnancy and to deliver a healthy happy baby in 2013. I am hoping to become a better mother and wife by working on my patience and my need to constantly be in control {let go, let God}.

For mankind, I am hoping that people will wake up to the realization that we are all human and that it does no good to hurt one another. Treating one another with kindness and living life with integrity, grace, and humility will bring you more peace and happiness than holding on to bitterness and anger. Forgiveness is divine, and although it is not easy to come by it is worth striving for. We can begin by embracing manners and common courtesy once again and by treating others respectfully. Lead by example. I know that this is something I will be very aware of this following year and I hope others are as well.

So I ask again, what are you hoping for in 2013? Do you have a resolution or a goal for the coming year?

  

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...