Thursday, January 3, 2013

Into maternity clothing #Pregnancy Journal Week 15

How Far Along: 15 Weeks
Due Date: June 22nd, 2013
Boy or girl: We don’t know the gender yet.
Bump Picture: tada! Here I am getting bigger by the day. I feel huge already, although my sister-in-law says I look tiny {thanks Wendy- you totally get brownie points for that}.


Baby Development: The baby is busy moving amniotic fluid through its nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. The legs are growing longer than the arms now, and the baby can move all of its joints and limbs. Although the baby’s eyelids are still fused close, it can sense light now. The baby is also forming taste buds this week. Woo Hoo!
Symptoms: Morning sickness seems to have disappeared and I have been able to eat marinara sauce for the first time this week since becoming pregnant. I have been having a hard time getting to sleep, depending on how much water I drink before bed and my ability to turn off my brain… it is a process.

Currently craving: I am loving lemonade and fruit right now and am still on the pickle kick.

Currently Avoiding:  Mexican food, but I think it is more my home cooked Mexican food than anything else. My favorite taquito recipe is just not cutting it, but chicken and/or shrimp tacos from Stir Crazy totally hit the spot.

Belly button status: In

Movement: No movement to date. The earliest that most women feel movement is week 16-22, so maybe next week?!? {Movement is my favorite part of pregnancies}.

Names: I have a baby girl name picked out and my husband has a baby boy name picked out and I believe we are in agreement on both.

Any appointments?: My next appointment is in two weeks and we should be scheduling my gender revealing ultrasound then!  

Any baby related purchases?: none so far, but watch out once we find out what we are having!

Other: My oldest son knows that there is a baby in mommy’s belly most of the time. Sometimes he forgets and tries to climb all over me. And then at other times he is gentle and wants to kiss the belly. He has told his daddy that mom is having two boys and two girls… ummm. Only one bun in this oven. I must seem HUGE to him!

Oh yeah, did I mention I am in maternity pants now? No… Oh well… I am in maternity pants now. I can still fit into my low riding slacks, but since my days consist of playing with my children and cleaning and tending to my home I figure maternity pants will work. On a positive note – most of the maternity pants are too big for me still. It is all a give and take isn’t it?


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...