There is very little in my world that smells worse than dirty diapers. I am not a fan. In fact I don’t know many people, if any, who enjoy this smell. It is just one of the unpleasantries that parents have to deal with. Like spit up and sleepless nights, dirty diapers are a rite of passage into parenthood. But that doesn’t mean that you have to hold your nose and suffer in silence.
Munchkin, a brand my family has been using since the birth of our first child in 2009, has come out with a new diaper pail to combat the stink of dirty diapers. The good people at Munchkin have teamed up with Arm & Hammer to create a diaper pail that seals away odor after each and every use. It is really easy to use and really easy to refill… Did I mention that it really does a great job of eradicating the stench of dirty diapers from my home?
The Arm & Hammer Diaper Pail by Munchkin
is Mom Mart approved
What we love about this Diaper Pail:
- It keeps the smell of dirty diapers from stinking up the house. With the twisting technology – each dirty diaper inserted is sealed away as soon as the lid closes, sealing away the smell. There is an Arm & Hammer cartridge located on the lid that releases a small amount of baking soda each time the lid is closed. It also serves as an absorbent for odor. This means that every time you insert a dirty diaper you are NOT releasing the smell of soiled diapers into the room. AWESOME!
- It is easy for ME to use and it is NOT easy for my toddler to dump toys into. With our last diaper pail my tots thought it was really funny to toss pacifiers, keys, and toys in with the dirty diapers. Let me just say mom was NOT amused. The Arm & Hammer Diaper Pail by Munchkin requires the user to push the handle and then pull up, a task my children have not conquered yet!
- The Arm & Hammer cartridge is easy to refill. This is great for two reasons, 1 being that ease of use is important to me and 2 being that I don’t have to purchase a ton of extra cartridges for my diaper pail to remain odorless.
- This is easy to use one handed.
- The Arm & Hammer Diaper Pail refill bags hold about 25 dirty diapers and is really easy to change out. This is pretty accurate. I only had to refill my diaper pail once a week and the process of removing the bag of dirty diapers and placing a refill in the pail was super easy!
I really like the ease of use and the lack of smells the Munchkin Diaper Pail provides. It is a gender neutral clean looking diaper pail and is compact enough to blend into any nursery.
Something to be aware of with the Arm & Hammer Diaper Pail by Munchkin is the fact that the diapers have to be pushed through the opening. This is not the most pleasant experience when dealing with a heavily soiled and somewhat leaky diaper. Another thing to be aware of is the fact that this diaper pail requires special diaper pail refill bags. This was an adjustment for me since our old diaper pail took standard trash bags, but one that was worth it for us.
You can check out the Arm & Hammer Diaper Pail by Munchkin HERE.
Munchkin is offering one lucky reader of Mom Mart the chance to win an Arm & Hammer Diaper Pail by Munchkin of their own (ARV $42.99)!
This giveaway is open to U.S only. One winner will be chosen using Random.org via Rafflecopter. The winner will be sent an e-mail and will have 48 hours to respond. If I do not hear back from the winner within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.