Thursday, February 9, 2012

Valentine's Day Craft!


 
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner I am on the lookout for themed arts and crafts I can do with my kids. So, where do I turn when my brain gets lazy and I don’t feel creative? Why Pinterest, of course! I never cease to be amazed at the ideas, arts, crafts and recipes that I find on Pinterest.  

This week I am sharing with you my Love Stones!
My Version:
 

The original Pin:

I have been on an arts and crafts kick lately and have thoroughly enjoyed trying my hand at some of my Pinterest finds. This week’s Pinterest project is really a craft and game. My boys and I went on a walk around the neighborhood collecting nice sized stones for this project. We gave the stones a bath and then we painted them. Once the paint was dried I wrote little sayings on the back with a Sharpie. On Valentine’s Day we will go for a treasure hunt throughout the house for the stones. It should be a fun activity for everyone to participate in.

What you need for this project:
·         Stones
·         Tempura paint
·         Paint brush
·         Old newspaper {to paint over and for the stones to dry on}
·         Sharpie {to write on the back of the dried stones} - optional

How to do it:
1.      Lay the old newspaper over your work area.
2.      Take the clean stones and paint them with the tempura paint.
3.      Set aside to dry.
4.      Once dry flip over the stones and write with Sharpie on the back.

Rating: ****

This project was quick and easy and the cleanup was a cinch. My kids loved going on a nature walk for the stones and loved giving the stones a bubble bath even more. They had so much fun painting too!
This was really an easy craft and should prove to be a fun treasure hunt for my toddler on Valentine’s Day too. The stones in the picture look better than my stones, but I chose to use a washable paint for this project since I was having my children do it. If I were doing this craft for myself, I would use acrylic paint.

Now all I have to do is think of some great hiding spots for the love stones… hhhmm.


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...