Thursday, February 23, 2012

How to make a Happy Birthday Pennant Sign!

I am addicted to Pinterest and have no idea what I did before this handy little website came along… Oh yeah I googled things, clicked on images, saved the images to my computer using the website as the name of the image. This was a long drawn out process, thank goodness Pinterest came along and gave me something else to get addicted to!

I am amazed at the ideas, arts, crafts and recipes that I find on Pinterest.  The food looks so yummy {I have no idea how they photograph it to look so pretty} and the crafts are awesome! I want to do them all.

Since December of 2011  I have been taking on one Pinterest Project a week and sharing the results with you.I post both the original “Pin” as well as my version of the project. My projects range from arts, crafts, recipes, and DIY projects… it is pretty much anything I pin and think I want to try. I encourage you to join in! Start doing those pins!


This week I am sharing with you my Happy Birthday Pennant Sign!
My Pennant:

My son is turning three and I am throwing him a modern train themed birthday party. It is essentially a Thomas the Tank Engine party with style… At least that is what I am going for. Don’t worry; I will be dedicating a whole post after his party to show you how everything turned out. I am very excited!

What you need for this project:
·         Twine or Yarn
·         Scrapbook Paper (fabric scraps could be cute too)
·         Scissors
·         Hole punch
·         Letters (I used stickers, but you could also use letter punches and scrapbook paper)
·         Glue
·         Circle punch (optional)

How to do it:

  1. Cut the scrapbook paper (or fabric) into triangles.
  2. If you are using circles to place the letters on, you need to cut the circles (or use a circle punch) then glue them on the triangles.
  3. Put the letters on the circles (or triangles if you are not using circles).
  4. Use the hole punch to punch holes in two of the corners of the triangles – NOTE: you are only punch two holes!
  5. Take the twine (or yarn) and string the triangles through. Make sure to keep your letters in order as you are doing this.
  6. Hang up and admire your hard work!

Rating: *****
This project was incredibly easy and fun to do. I used a circle punch that I had in my scrapbooking supply to add depth to the pennants, but you can just as easily put the letters directly on the triangles.

I love that these are handmade and not store bought. I already had twine around my house and bought $3 worth of scrapbook paper and $1.50 in stickers. I made the Happy Birthday Sign and then I made three more pennants with the leftover paper and twine.  I like the shabby chic look that these bring. It feels a touch vintage to me and I love it.

My son helped me make the decorations. He also helped my put them up. He was so proud to show off his decorations to everyone who has come by the house lately {although his party is not until this weekend I am putting things up as I make them to save myself the stress on the day of}. He is so proud!

I love them, but I may be biased. What do you think?


The original Pin:

Http://MomMart.blogspot.com

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...