Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hair!

Hair

The Paramount Theater located in Aurora IL is a fabulous little theater that makes going to a show a treat. I have had the opportunity to attend a showing of My Fair Lady as well as a recent showing of the production Hair! Both times I thoroughly enjoyed myself.



I had seen the Audrey Hepburn film My Fair Lady and was pleasantly surprised by the Paramount’s performance. The singing, acting, and costumes were fantastic. I knew every song going in and I sang {very quietly} right along with the cast.

I had read and heard that there was a lot of controversy over the Hair production and was eager to see what all the hububaloo was about. Although I understood why people got offended, I thought that the actors did a great job. The cast was very energetic and did a great job capturing the hippie attitude. They interacted with the audience and kept me engaged. With all that said, I am glad that I read about this production before I went to see it. I had no prior experience with this musical and would probably have been shocked by the nude scene and the sacrilegious remarks had I not read about them beforehand.
 
 
My mother-in-law is my theater date. She is the one I go to shows with and the one I sing golden oldies with. I know that the relationship that I have with my mother-in-law is not typical and I am incredibly thankful for this. My mother-in-law is one of my best friends and I look forward to our theater dates. They are a great way for me to get some me time and to catch up with my friend.

Have you seen Hair?  What did you think?


Project 366 Day 79 of One Photo A Day
Project 366


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...