Saturday, March 24, 2012

Making Mickey Mouse #GluenGlitter a Scrapbooking Success!

My baby boy is going to be turning one in two weeks and we are throwing him a Mickey Mouse birthday party! I try to be as organized and efficient as possible, so I decided to make his scrapbook pages ahead of time.
 
In order to prepare for a serious sit down scrapbooking session I needed some supplies. I made my to do list for the day, grabbed the kids, and loaded up the car. We visited a Walmart Supercenter {#4286} and loaded up on some ELMER’s Memory Keeping products as well as some great scrapbooking paper and stickers!

Check out our entire shopping experience in my Google+ Album.


Once we made it home and the kids were fed and down for a nap I took out my scrapbooking goodies and got to work (#GluenGlitter)!

What you need for this project:



·         Scissors and/or a paper cutter

·         Pen

·         12 x 12 Scrapbooking Paper {I used three pieces of red paper, one piece of Mickey Mouse cartoon paper, one piece of white paper, and one piece of black glitter paper for this project.}

·         Stickers {Alphabet and Character} *Optional

·         Printer {I printed off an outline of Mickey Mouse as well as a photo of my son.}


How to do it:

Decide which paper is going to be the backdrop for your project.


Create a background. I used the Mickey Mouse cartoon paper on top of the white paper to create a border, a beginning and an end. I used glue to adhere the papre together. I also knew that I wanted large Mickey Mouse ears on one side.


If you are doing a large graphic like the Mickey Mouse ears you will need to find a stencil or create your own. I found an outline for the Mickey Mouse ears and printed it off then traced the self made stencil onto the black glitter paper and viola, Mickey Mouse ears graphic!

If you already have pictures that you know you want to use they need to be printed and you need to decide which ones will be used. I printed my pictures off on my home printer.




Mat the photos. I like to use a double mat for all of my photos. The only exception is the focal photo which I use a triple mat for. To mat a photo, place the photo on the desired paper and create a slightly larger frame around the photo with the mat paper. To create a double or triple mat you simply take the next frame and make it slightly larger. I use the Elmer’s Repositionable Adhesive Squares to adhere the photo onto the paper as well as when adhering the paper mats to one another. {If you don’t have all of the photos you can create a layout and add the photos at a later date – which is what I have done here with the exception of the photograph of my son.}

Figure out the layout of your photos. I play around with my pictures and where I want them to go once I have them matted. Some people like to create their layouts before they mat their photos.


Once the layout is established adhere the matted photos to the paper. I use the Elmer’s Quick Dry Glue Tip Pen when gluing down my matted photos.



Add simple embellishments. I like to keep things simple. I add letter informing about the event being presented and I like to add little stickers that go with the theme. Here I added “Steven’s BIRTHDAY” next to the Mickey Mouse ears and “ONE” above the photo of my son. I also added the little Mickey Mouse 7 Friends stickers to the bottom of the page.






This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias Regardless, all of the thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.


Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...