Saturday, March 17, 2012

TurboFire: Week 8

TurboFire

This week has been crazy! Between birthday parties, classes, and showings at my house my life has been chaotic to say the least. I was naughty this week and ate food that I normally do not eat {desserts and fried food in particular}. I typically put this food on my no no list, but with two birthday celebrations and my husband cooking a meal or two this week I somehow ened up gaining a pound… and I feel yucky to boot! These types of food no longer agree with my system. Even though I gained a pound I still lost 2 inches this week.

Measured Progress:
Weight: +1 lb
Waist:  same
Hips:  -.1in
Chest:  -.5in
Right Arm: same
Left Arm: -.5in
Right Thigh: same
Left Thigh: same

Class Schedule:
TurboFire uses terms like Fire class, HIIT Class, Core Class, Sculpt Class, Tone Class, and Stretch Class. I use the terms workout, tone, and cool down. Each Class denotes it time through its title, I am just going to tell you the length of the classes, but let me tell you this; the shorter the length of a workout the more intense the workout is.
How did I do this week? Did I do all of the workouts (classes) in the schedule?
I switched things up again this week. There were some days that I was afraid I wasn’t going to get a workout in at all, so I compromised and changed the program for the day. I also switched my rest day. For some reason I have a really hard time working out on Saturdays. I think that because my husband is home and under foot I am not able to do what I typically do during the week.

Saturday: REST DAY
Sunday: 20 minute toning workout, 10 minute stretch class

Monday: 45 minute workout
Tuesday: 30 minute workout and 30 minute toning workout
Wednesday:  15 minute HIIT workout –replacing a 45 minute workout
Thursday: 45 minute workout
Friday: 20 minute HIIT workout – replacing a 45 minute workout-

My Reaction to this program:
I have been deviating from the program in order to fit in workouts to my personal schedule. As great as this is, I find that I am starting to get a little bored with my HIIT 15 that I keep going to. My goal for this week is to make sure that I can fit in the scheduled workouts each day AND say no to food on my no no list. I think that by sticking to the schedule I will avoid being bored, each day is a different workout.

I seem to have hit a plateau in my ability to tone and lose inches. I have been stuck at the same measurements for arms, thighs, and waist for a while now. I think that if I work on the toning/sculpture workouts a little more this might change. And as healthy as I typically eat, I need to be able to say no to those yummy {so not good for you} items that were my downfall this week.

This week I will be tried a shakeology shake.  My friend had been pushing this shake on me for a while and sent me a sample to try. I kept an open mind about the shakeology shake and even spent some time online looking up the different recipes that they recommend. I went with the Choco Loco shakeology shake and ate/drank this as a replacement for lunch on Wednesday. As great as these shakes are supposed to be for me, I am still not a shake person. I tried it and I was not a fan of it, but I am also not a shake person. I had my son try a little and he was over the moon about it. 

If you are interested in TurboFire just click on the picture to find out more!

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...