Friday, March 30, 2012

Yard work in March!

Yard Work

I cannot believe how nice this weather has been. Who knew that tee shirts and shorts would be appropriate attire in Illinois in mid March! Who knew that we would need to be doing yard work this early!

My husband and I have been taking the kids outside everyday this week to play after dinner. We have been enjoying the outdoors by riding our scooters, playing on the outdoor ride-on toys, and tossing the basketball and softball around with the children. We have even been working on our nice green lawn.

Yes you heard me correctly, my lawn is green. I cannot remember the last time my lawn was green in March. Still having snow on the ground is usually a pretty good possibility this time of year. We do not typically have a green yard!

Don’t get me wrong. I am not complaining. In fact I am all about this nice weather and the fact that I am able to play outside with the kids a lot more. But I do not think our homeowners association has budgeted for lawn work for this early in the year.

Unfortunately we do not own a lawnmower, or else I would have been outside mowing my lawn days ago. The grass is getting pretty high and there are no landscapers in sight! I feel like we are days away from being able to play hide-and-go-seek in the front yard… in the grass. It is a little ridiculous. We are not in the wilderness. This is suburbia!


Project 366 Day 84 of One Photo A Day

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...