Thursday, March 29, 2012

Rock 'N' Roll Dress Up!

A Bret Michaels Baby
I love music and I love watching my children rock out to good old classic rock n roll! I think that watching my children dance is one of my favorite past times. I find it extremely comical.

One of the first videos I ever took of my oldest child was of him shaking it to music! He latched onto his bouncer seat and started rocking out to Lady Gaga’s Poker Face. He danced so hard he fell over and pulled his bouncer over on top of himself.

My younger son is more about the Bret Michaels and Billy Joel than modern day pop music. So I decided that it would be a great idea to Bret Michaels up my children. I took red bandanas from my sons train party and adorned my children with some fresh attire! 

Since we were all dressed for fun I got on YouTube and found some classic Poison hits and we had ourselves a dance off. The kids were a hoot and a half dancing to Every Rose Has Its Thorn and Talk Nothin' But a Good Time. We laughed, we sang, and we danced. It was a great way to spend the morning!


Sometimes it is really fun being super silly! As much as I like to get out of the house and be doing stuff with the kids, it is a nice change of pace to take it easy and be silly in the comfort of our own home. – free too!

I love it when the kids and I can find some at home entertainment that is new and …entertaining! Playing dress up is somewhat new to us, aside from Halloween costumes we really don’t do dress up. I know that there are doctor outfits, superhero costumes, and fireman getups that are perfect for playing dress up; we just don’t own any.  So happening upon a perfectly humorous dress up moment with my children has been the highlight of my week.


What do you think? Is he Bret Michaels in the making?


Project 366 Day 83 of One Photo A Day
Project 366

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...