Monday, March 5, 2012

A house on the market with kids in the house!

I have spent the last week or so getting my house clean enough that orphan Annie would be proud. Although it is not shining like the top of the Chrysler building, it is incredibly tidy for a home housing an eleven-month-old and a three-year-old!

My little peanuts have been great little helpers. They clean up after themselves when it comes to putting toys away and even sweeping! We sing our clean up song and go to work. If William could whistle I am sure that he would whistle just like one of Snow White’s Dwarfs. We have had a great time {yes, I did say great time} getting the house ready to sell.

I like to clean and reorganize. I enjoy clearing out the clutter and giving away items that I no longer have a use for. I like knowing that when I go to look for something it is easy to find. I LOVE that my children are neat and tidy too! Now that the house is clean it is time to sell it {*poof* sold! – IF only it were that easy}.

Today is the first official day that our home will be on the market. We put our sign up and are ready for potential buyers! My mother-in-law {MIL} is our real estate agent, and I could not be happier! We get the pleasure of looking at her pretty face on our for sale sign.

The kids love it too. My three year old gets a big kick out of seeing the for sale sign, “Hi Grammy Sandy!”  He walks over to the sign and has a whole conversation with it. I don’t think that I could be more entertained.

Project 366 Day 64 of One Photo A Day

For Sale
Project 366

I have moved around a lot growing up. I always thought it was fun; new house, new beginnings, new opportunities. I was always very optimistic about the whole process. Now as an adult getting ready to sell my home I am still optimistic, but I am also nervous. I love my home and will be sad to leave it. I think that I am ready, but am always open to advice and opinions of others. Any tips or tricks you would like to share on selling a house?

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...