Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Hunger Games cast visits the Fox Valley mall in Illinois!

I read The Hunger Games series and loved it. I couldn’t put them down. I had a hard time sleeping at night because I wanted to keep reading... I kept telling myself, “Just one more chapter and then I will go to sleep.” Yeah right!

I flew through this series and then wanted to talk about them with all of my friends and family. Sadly only one or two of them had read the series and they lived far away, so no coffee clutches over Gale, Peeta, or Katniss Everdeen. So I went into PR mode telling anyone and everyone I knew to read this series.

And read them they did. I am quite sure that it was not just me pushing these books on people. Once someone reads them they feel compelled to tell others to read this series. They are just that good! Then *poof* I hear that there is going to be a movie. I love movies! I especially love movie adaptations of films. I like to compare how the film holds up to my imagination at work through the written word.

Needless to say I am incredibly excited to see the movie. Then out of the blue my husband tells me that some of the cast are going to be at our mall for a Q&A publicity event. So... I very nicely ask my husband if he wouldn’t mind watching our two children and his sister’s child while we went to this shindig. He agreed!!!

My sister-in-law and I headed out to the mall to see the cast only to realize that if we wanted to be able to see or hear them we needed to get there about 12 hours earlier! Although it was not as crazy as we expected it to be, it was still pretty packed.

The Q&A itself was impossible to hear. The acoustics were terrible and although I am sure that they had a few speakers put up nothing could be heard about the noise of the crowd. What with all of the screaming from teenyboppers and the cell phones being held up in the hopes of capturing something {anything} on film, the event was uneventful. As we were leaving we noticed a sectioned off area leading to an exit and asked around only to discover that this is the exit and entrance for the cast. So we stuck around in to catch a glimpse.

After standing around for a bit the stars exited the building and we were waved at by Peeta {Josh Hutcherson} himself. Although my picture is blurry this was definitely an entertaining way to spend an evening and totally worth it for the experience of partaking in a mall event alone. This is the cowd... they were not too bad. A little pushy, but not too bad.

The Hunger Games cast visits Fox Valley Mall
Project 366 Day 66 of One Photo A Day

Project 366

Blurry Peeta Pic
and here is my blurry Peeta pic :)

Share This

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...